1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
9 ounces (3/4 of a 12-ounce bag) butterscotch morsels
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) can walnut halves
1/2 cup (a couple of handfuls) currants 8-inch cake pan, lightly greased with softened butter
Candied cherries, red and green, for garnish, optional
Place a heavy pot on the stove and preheat it over low heat. Add chips and milk and stir until chips are melted and milk combined. Save the empty condensed milk can. Stir in vanilla and remove fudge from heat. Add nuts and currants and stir in immediately.
Cover empty condensed milk can with plastic food wrap and center it in the greased cake pan. Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to recenter can if it drifts.
The fudge will set up almost immediately. Garnish can only be added in the first minute or 2 the fudge is in the pan, so work quickly. Decorate your wreath with “holly” made from cut candied red and green cherries. A wreath left plain can be garnished with a pretty fabric bow when serving. Chill covered in the refrigerator and slice fudge very thin when ready to serve, a little goes a long way.
White Chocolate Wreath with Pistachio
- Substitute the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips, 1 1/2 ounce bag plus 1 cup.
- Substitute 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shelled natural pistachio nuts for walnuts.
- Substitute 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries for currants.
Goober and Raisinette Wreath
- Swap butterscotch for peanut butter chips
- Swap large whole peanuts for walnuts used in original recipe (such as peeled Virginia Peanuts)
- Swap 1/2 cup large raisins for currants in original recipe
Thirty Something Mom – Vancouver Mommy Blog about Fashion & Food