1. Extra Long Scarf: Whether it’s a knit or a silk scarf, I’ve always been a fan of this simple accessory which adds an instant glam factor.
2. Blazer over a cocktail Dress: While we associate cocktail dresses with femininity, why not switch it up by adding a masculine touch? A black tuxedo blazer matches just about every color in the rainbow. I suggest a cropped style, rather than a waist length blazer.
3. Dip Dyed Tops/Dresses: This is in no way associated with the typical hippie tie dyed look. I’m seeing a lot of dipped inspired styles which are quite subtle and simple.
4. Knee length dress + skinny belt: Last year it was all about the fat leather belt. This season we’re seeing a lot of skinny belts synching the waist and adding a great shape to the female form. A popular material for this winter is the patented look.
5. Nude Heels: Whether you opt for the peep-toe or a typical pump, nude is the “it” color. Not only is it a great everyday shoe, it also helps elongate the leg.
6. Plaid Pants: I suggest if you’re a bit heavier on the legs you not attempt this trend. The plaid will only make you legs look larger. However if you are like 5% of the skinny women on the earth, then this trend will add a rock & roll chic to your wardrobe.
7. Jeweled Necklines: A great way to add sparkle to any outfit. There is no need for a necklace as your neck is already crested with bling. We’re seeing many stars wearing the long sleeved Alice + Olivia dress with a sequined neckline and cuff.