This is a great recipe to take to a Christmas party. And, all you’ll hear is, “Who made THIS!!!?” I tried this recipe and it was a hit. I actually just made it as a snack for my husband and I… we ate the whole thing *hides* I reccomend eating the cheese ball with mini bagels. Enjoy!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely minced green onions (white part only)
- 1 jar diced pimento, drained
- 3/4 cup Fisher pecans, divided (Of course, any nut will do!)
- 10 slices of bacon, cooked, drained, finely crumbled and divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
Place cream cheese in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed Two and mix 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed Two and gradually add milk, mixing until well blended about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Add cheeses, onions, pimientos, half of the bacon and half the pecans. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until well blended, about another minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap tightly.Repeat with the remaining mixture. Refrigerate (or freeze) at least 2 hours.Combine the remaining bacon and remaining pecans, parsley and poppy seeds in a pie plate. Then, remove the plastic wrap and roll the cheese ball lightly in the bacon/nut mixture until evenly coated. Wrap it back up in plastic wrap and refrigerate again until ready to use.
Thirty Something Mom – Vancouver Mommy Blog about Fashion & Food