So, I decided to make shortbread cookies last night and what better place to get a recipe than to Google it. I typed in, “best shortbread cookie recipe” and I got the recipe below. I found it to be too sweet and too soft. I saw other recipes asking for rice flour. I’ll try rice flour next time. Here’s the recipe, and if you have a good recipe for me… please email me or respond to this entry. I crave shortbread all the time!
Short bread Recipe:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine butter, flour, and confectioners’ sugar. With an electric mixer, beat for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Spoon onto cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Place a piece of maraschino cherry onto the middle of each cookie, alternating between red and green.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies on to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, separating each layer with waxed paper.