This recipe was such a hit at my brother’s little get together last week. My lame theme was “manly” tea party. While the theme was a flop, the recipe was a success! Constantly I had people approaching me about the recipe. I told them to check out my blog in the next few days. I hope you try this recipe. Oh, and please note that I added just a little more vanilla than suggested and a tbsp of lemon rind. Enjoy.
Grandmother Paul’s Sour Cream Pound Cake
* 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter (make sure it is room temp)
* 3 cups sugar
* 1 cup sour cream
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 6 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
– Cream butter and sugar together
– add sour cream.
– Sift flour and baking soda together.
– Add to creamed mixture, alternately with eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
– Add vanilla.
– Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
Recipe from Food Network (slightly different)
* 1 stick butter, room temperature
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 large eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated.
Sift the baking soda and flour together.
Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating in each egg 1 at a time.
Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan.
Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.