Canadian Flag Cake (KRAFT recipe)
1. Cover bottom of 13×9-inch dish with cake slices; set aside.
2. Add boiling water to jelly powders in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice cubes; stir 3 to 5 min. or until ice is melted. Remove any unmelted ice. Stir in 1 cup strawberries; pour over cake. Refrigerate 15 min. Cover with Cool Whip.
3. Refridgerate 4 hours or until jelly is firm. Arrange remaining berries over dessert to resemble the Canadian flag.
Mini Cherry or Strawberry Cheesecakes
For this recipe you will need a mini cheesecake pan
1 eight oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 t. vanilla
1/4 C. sugar
1 C. graham cracker crumbs
2 T. brown sugar
1/3 stick melted butter
For Cherry: Canned cherry pie filling
For Strawberry: Fresh strawberries mixed with canned strawberry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter with a fork until well combined.
- Divide crumb mixture evenly between the 12 cups of your mini-cheesecake pan. Using your fingers (if you don’t have long nails!) press crumbs firmly onto the bottom and partially up the sides of each cup; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, blend softened cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each cup (they will only be half filled).
- Bake for 14 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and place on rack to cool for 20 minutes then carefully remove cheesecakes from pan and let cool completely.
- Top with cherries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Other recipes for Canada Day: